Tuesday, July 20, 2010

kya hoa?

Phyllis and Geoffrey have arrived in India! I will not see them in Jaipur until next week, but they're getting closer.

Their mishaps and culture clashes seem to be well underway. Mom speaks of heat and traffic and not being able to understand accents. Dad, I must assume, has been in a constant state of panic since landing. If they take after me at all, they're probably having a great time though.

Unfortunately, this probably means my blog now has no readers.

4 comments:

  1. I believe that you are bookmarked on each of the three laptops at my house, so don't feel neglected! We check on you regularly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am a regular reader- looking forward to the adventures of Phyllis and Geoffrey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'm cutting a dapper figure in my Panama hat, walking the streets of Delhi (New and Old) and Varanasi. One rule of thumb for visitors: do not ever try to rent a car and drive. The model here is a constant game of dare. Gringos would not survive 10 minutes. Horns are used not to express irritation with the driver in front, but rather to let the fellow ahead that you're on his bumper so watch out. I close my eyes.

    ReplyDelete